Dr Clare Boothroyd MBBS (Hons) M Med Sci MBA (Exec) FRACP FRANZCOG CREI GAICD has been instrumental in the birth of hundreds of IVF babies and she has dedicated her life to the treatment of infertility, training new clinicians in the field and improving treatments for fertility problems. With over twenty years experience in the field, Dr Boothroyd is one of four clinicians in Queensland to hold the prestigious Certificate of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (CREI).
Dr Boothroyd’s specialist interests include treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome, pituitary disease, endometriosis, fibroids, male infertility and all aspects of infertility.
Dr Boothroyd's unique qualifications in both endocrinology and gynecology allow her to provide patients with the best possible care in infertility treatment. She has been instrumental in training doctors in best practice in infertility management for many years for the benefit of Queensland couples. She runs many courses and lectures on the management of infertility and related conditions. She actively engages in clinical research. She is one of the founding members of REACT, a collaborative effort of leaders in infertility in Australia and New Zealand to research and answer key questions in infertility treatment and diagnoses.
Dr Boothroyd’s personal interests are diverse and have varied over time but currently include re-establishing native forest on South Stradbroke Island, growing native orchids. She is happily married to Russell Bach, an ophthalmologist with whom she shares the parenting of their three children.
- Vice President Asia Pacific Initiative in Reproduction
- Member Board True Relationships and Reproductive Health
- Member Board Fertility Society of Australia
- Chair of Oral Examination and Examiner Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Royal Australasian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Chair Review Committee Australian and New Zealand Assisted Reproduction Database
- President of Australian and New Zealand Specialists in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- President South Stradbroke Island Residents Committee
- Chair Training and Accreditation Committee in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Royal Australasian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Chair of Gynaecology at Greenslopes Private Hospital from 2001 – 2008
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee of Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Director of Training in Gynaecology, Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Member of Human Research and Ethics Committee, Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Queensland Councillor of the Australasian Menopause Society
- Member of the Medical Advisory Committee of the Family Planning Association of Queensland (now True Relationships and Reproductive Health)
- Executive member of the IVF Directors group of the Fertility Society of Australia (Honorary Secretary and representative on the Reproductive Technology and Accreditation Committee)
- Member of the Board of the Fertility Society of Australia
- Member Review Committee of National Health and Medical Research Committee Guidelines for Ethical Practice in Assisted Reproduction